This is the first full week in November, the month we celebrate Thanksgiving in the U.S. So, in honor of this time of giving thanks, here are some things I am thankful for, in no particular order.
- The wonderful weather we have been having in Nebraska. It is not often than a person can be outside in Nebraska in November with a light jacket or no jacket at all.
- My awesome family.
- The view out my office window. There are several trees outside; one has lost all its leaves but there is still plenty of color.
- The freedoms, rights, privileges and responsibilities we enjoy in the USA.
- The birds singing in the mornings.
- Great friends who provide encouragement, support and love.
- Today I’m enjoying classical music while I work.
- The lessons I learn from God’s creation – like the squirrel who teaches me to keep working and preparing for the future.
- The experiences and friendships made when I was in the Dominican Republic.
- Social media, like Facebook, that allows me to stay in touch with friends and family who live far away.
- Most of all, the gift of salvation.
What are you thankful for?Judith Ackland has more than 26 years of experience in accountancy and financial planning, including seventeen years as a CFO of a diverse business. She started Crystal Financial in 2010 to help a wide array of individuals, families, and business owners better understand their finances and how good financial management could help them achieve their goals. Judith has an MA in Professional Accountancy from the University of Nebraska at Lincoln as well as a Certified Public Accountant Certificate and a Certified Financial Planner designation.